Things that make me happy (ie. opposite of the things tat make me sad)

As a fan of the art form of film, I am saddened by bad movies that should have been good. Usually these are sequels to my favorite movies or ones that I have been looking forward to for a while. Examples of some of these disappointments are the new Star Wars Trilogy, the fourth Indianna Jones, the Matrix sequels and the list goes on. Naturally, when a good movie does come along the result is pure joy!
Just thinking about the Lord of the Rings movies makes me happy. Here are movies that were made with love, integrity, dedication and talent. If a LotR movie was ever made it would have to be good, and it was! Five years after the release of the Return of the King I still find my self smiling about it. Learning of the Hobbit movies that are going to be made I was excited but a little worried too, especially upon hearing that Peter Jackson would not be directing. But as soon as I discovered that he would, in fact, be writing and producing and the fantasy genius Guillermo del Toro would be the director my smile returned. Although there are always things that go wrong, I have high hopes and trust in the abilities of these people and I just can't wait until 2011!...but I really hope some other good movies come out between now and then.
I feel like LotR was a milestone in cinema history and since then there has been a dry period. I'm probably exaggerating a little. Of course good movies have come out since, such as the Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy, all Pixar movies since then and many others. But, alas, I miss the epicness, the Christmas tradition of going to the movies, and the sheer brilliance in every facet of the making of LotR.
Sigh, people are always going to make great works of art and garbage and everything inbetween...and everyone is always going to have their own opinion of which is which. C'est la vie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, The Weather Inside is Frightful (PART I)

Though I Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death...

March Forth!