Costumes for "The Tempest"

This past Saturday was the final performance of Shakespeare's "The Tempest" by the drama group of my college, Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Academy. I was fortunate enough to be the costume designer second year in a row (last year we did Moliere's "The Learned Ladies"). It was a blast to work on. The fantasy setting gave me a lot of room to move around, especially since the director wanted the time period to be ambiguous. That plus a plethora of magical creatures, spirits and monsters made it a designer's dream. My crew was wonderful, as were all the other departments and actors. I love collaborative art forms like theater; the way it comes together and brings everyone together is amazing. Here are some of the finished costumes. In the near future hopefully I'll get around to posting some of my designs and inspirations also.
Ariel
Prospero and AntonioFerdinand and Miranda
CalibanGoddesses: Ceres, Juno, Iris
Nymphs: Wind, Mountain, Water, Star and Tree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Though I Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death...

The Sound of Silence

March Forth!