My Adventures in G&D Free Food ~ Day #1: Quinoa and Korea

So I thought I'd post my recent experiments in my world of gluten- and dairy-free eating. And I thought I'd try this for at least a week straight. That makes today "Day #1." Here are some recent creations:


Super easy salad I just slapped together. Leftover quinoa with chick peas, tomato, cucumber, spinach, arugula and other mixed greens. Tossed with a simple homemade vinegrette: Olive oil, apple cidar vinegar, garlic, salt and spices.
 

For Dinner I mixed what was left of the salad with more quinoa and a nice juicy piece of wild salmon fillet. Plus one of my favourite Korean side dishes: Black beans marinated in soy sauce with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. They are salty with a hint of sweetness and their moist, soft exterior tranforms into a happily dense centre. So good!

On that note why don't i use this opportunity to promote Korean food. I only tried it in the last few years and now love it. Definitely one of my favorite Asian Cuisines!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, The Weather Inside is Frightful (PART I)

Though I Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death...

March Forth!