All Your Creatures

I was so happy to look in the calendar and find out that it was St. Francis of Assisi's day today. I love St. Francis for his harmonious/humble spirit and love of nature.  He also wrote lovely prayers such as the famous "Make me a Channel of Your Peace." The following is an excerpt from another of his compositions: 
Praised be You my Lord with all Your creatures,especially Sir Brother Sun,Who is the day through whom You give us light.And he is beautiful and radiant with great splendour,Of You Most High, he bears the likeness.   
Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Moon and the stars,In the heavens you have made them bright, precious and fair.   
Praised be You, my Lord, through Brothers Wind and Air,And fair and stormy, all weather's moods,by which You cherish all that You have made.
The Indie/Christian band Gungor actually made a  lovely song inspired by this piece. I think the music they put it too really suits the peaceful, praising feeling of the prayer

I also have a particular love for the beauty of creation. I find it so inspiring and fascinating and endlessly exiting. Here are a few pictures I've taken over the last few months that contain lovely creatures:



 An ocean floor, complete with starfish and sea cucumber (Ottawa Museum of Nature)


A posing frog and a peek-a-boo frog (ditto)


 A sleepy snake (Toronto Zoo)


A cautious beaver




A nibbling squirrel (Kanata, ON)



Noticing the little things is what I think it means to be childlike....at least I find appreciating the bits of beauty and cuteness of the things around me go hand in hand with feeling happy and blessed and even trusting God more....I'm so just so happy that God made animals...especially the little, furry ones! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Though I Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death...

The Sound of Silence

March Forth!